NAIL ART AFTERCARE ADVICE
Here are a few important pointers to preserve the life of your nail art:
* Wear rubber gloves when washing up to avoid contact with harsh detergents, which may dehydrate the nails and skin.
* Wear protective gloves when gardening or doing domestic chores to avoid accidental damage.
* Always wear gloves in cold weather as this will help maintain healthy blood circulation in the area.
* Dry the hands thoroughly after washing. Always use hand cream or lotion after washing to lubricate and soften the skin. Some hand creams contain UV filters which reduce hyper pigmentation (seen as darker areas of the skin) to the backs of the hands occurring.
* Keep hand cream at the kitchen and bathroom sink to remind yourself to apply after washing.
* Massage the hands and cuticles each evening with a rich hand cream just before going to bed.
* Use a nourishing cuticle oil, just before going to bed aswell, for example CND Solar Oil. This will nourish the nail bed and cuticle to keep the nail healthy.
* Apply a sealer every 2 days to prevent chipping of the nail art or top coat and to prevent yellowing if you have a French manicure.
* Do not use the fingernails for tools (for instance, to praise lids off tins)
* Use acetone-free nail varnish remover, as it is less harsh on the nails.
* Eat a balanced diet that contains all the nutrients essential for good / healthy skin and nails
* Drink plenty of water to keep the skin and nails hydrated.
* Avoid picking at the nail art.
* Return to the salon every 2 weeks to maintain the design if desired.
* Where the design needs to be taken off at home, follow the below advice - if the design includes varnish, foiling, gold / silver leaf, glitter or transfers, wipe the nails over with a non-acetone varnish remover to remove all products. Where the design consists of marbling or paints, wipe over the nail with a wet wipe or damp cotton wool bud to remove all traces. On occasion, the rhinestones may have been secured with a tiny amount of glue, so if that is the case, remove the polish with non acetone remover. Then soak the nails in warm water for a few minutes to soften the glue and wipe over again to ensure all is removed. If the nail design consists of foils or tape, remove any polish and peel off the foils / tape with tweezers.